Creating a poll in an iMessage group chat is a great way to gather opinions and make decisions together. Whether you're trying to choose a restaurant for dinner, decide on a movie to watch, or plan an event, conducting a poll can help you reach a consensus quickly and efficiently. In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to create, edit, and delete polls using the "Polls for iMessage" app, as well as explore some alternative third-party options.
Step 1: Download and Install "Polls for iMessage"
The first step to creating a poll in iMessage is to download and install the "Polls for iMessage" app. Here's how you can do it:
1. Open the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on the App Store icon located next to the text input field.
3. Search for "Polls for iMessage" and download the app.
Once you have successfully installed the app, you're ready to move on to the next step.
Step 2: Creating a Poll
Now that you have the "Polls for iMessage" app installed, it's time to create your first poll. Here's how you can do it:
1. Open the group chat where you want to create the poll.
2. Tap on the App Store icon again and select "Polls for iMessage."
3. Enter a title for your poll that accurately represents the topic of discussion. For example, if you're trying to decide on a restaurant, you could use a title like "Restaurant Poll."
4. Add various options for respondents to choose from. For example, if you're choosing a restaurant, you could add options like "Italian," "Mexican," "Chinese," and so on.
Step 3: Sending Your Poll
Once you have created your poll, it's time to send it to the participants in your group chat. Here's how you can do it:
1. Before sending your poll, you can customize settings by tapping on the settings menu. This allows you to change the name if desired, review the poll title and options, and ensure everything looks good.
2. When you're satisfied with your choices, hit send to share the poll with everyone in the group chat.
Step 4: Editing Your Poll
If you need to make changes to your poll after creating it, don't worry, you can easily do so. Here's how:
1. Open the "Polls for iMessage" app again within your group chat.
2. Locate and tap on the specific poll you want to edit.
3. Edit or remove existing options as needed. For example, if you want to remove an option, simply swipe left on the option and tap on "Delete."
4. Add new options if necessary. To add a new option, tap on the "+" button and enter the desired text.
5. Finally, update your poll so that everyone can see its latest version.
Step 5: Determining the Winner
Once everyone has voted on your poll, it's time to determine the winner. Here's how you can do it:
1. Open your Messages app where your group chat is located.
2. Look at the poll to see the results and identify the winner based on the highest number of votes. The app will display the number of votes each option received, allowing you to easily determine the winner.
Step 6: Deleting a Poll
If you wish to remove a poll from your group chat, here's how you can do it:
1. Long-press on the poll message.
2. Tap on "More" in the pop-up menu.
3. Select the delete icon, usually represented by a trash can, and confirm by tapping on "Delete Message."
Alternative Third-Party Options
While "Polls for iMessage" is a popular choice for creating polls in iMessage, there are also alternative third-party options available. Here are two such options:
1. Tally: Tally is a simple app for creating basic polls. It allows you to create polls quickly and easily, making it a great choice for those who prefer simplicity.
2. TinyPoll: TinyPoll is another option with limited features but is incredibly easy to use. It provides a straightforward interface and allows you to create and share polls with just a few taps.
Creating a poll in iMessage is now within your grasp! With "Polls for iMessage" or alternative third-party apps like Tally or TinyPoll, you can effortlessly gather opinions, make decisions, and have fun with your group chats. Give it a try and enjoy collaborating with friends, family, or colleagues. Whether you're planning a night out or organizing an event, creating a poll in iMessage will make the process much smoother and more enjoyable. Happy polling!