What problem does Modern Warfare 2 present?
Even though Modern Warfare 2 was updated to the latest version, players are still experiencing issues, but it is common for the game to get stuck on the update check screen, making the FPS title unplayable.
How to fix Modern Warfare 2 stuck checking for updates
If you have this problem, don't stress, fortunately solving it is relatively easy, according to what a Reddit user explained, the problem is due to the game's cache files, if you want to solve it you can follow the following steps: Read Also:
- Open the Steam client and go to the Library tab.
- Click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and then click on the manage option.
- After selecting the browse local files option, open the main folder and the subfolders: data0, data1, toc0 and toc1.
- Then launch into the Steam client again and go to the Library tab.
- Click Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 again, and then click Properties.
- Go to local files and select the option: Verify integrity of game files, to recover deleted files.
After following these steps, open Modern Warfare 2 and the check for updates error should be fixed. In case it is not solved you should contact Activision support.
These would be all the possible solutions of How to fix Modern Warfare 2 stuck looking for updates