Are you experiencing persistent keyboard input notifications on your Apple Watch? Don't worry, we've got you covered! In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to fix this issue and get your Apple Watch back to normal. So let's get started!
Section 1: Refresh the connection by unpairing and pairing the devices
If you're seeing persistent keyboard input notifications on your Apple Watch, the first step to resolving this issue is to refresh the connection between your Apple Watch and iPhone. Follow these steps to unpair and pair the devices:
1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on "All Watches" and select the specific watch you want to unpair.
3. Tap the (i) button next to the watch and choose "Unpair Apple Watch."
4. For GPS/Cellular models, you will be prompted to decide whether to keep or remove your cellular plan. Make the appropriate selection.
5. Provide your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock.
6. Wait for at least five minutes before proceeding.
By unpairing and pairing your Apple Watch, you are essentially resetting the connection between the two devices. This can often resolve any software-related issues causing the persistent keyboard input notifications.
Section 2: Turn off Apple Watch Keyboard Notifications
If the issue persists after unpairing and pairing your Apple Watch, the next step is to turn off Apple Watch Keyboard Notifications on your iPhone. To do this, follow these steps:
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap on Notifications.
3. Locate and select Apple Watch Keyboard.
4. Disable the "Allow Notifications" option.
By disabling the notifications for the Apple Watch Keyboard, you are preventing any future alerts related to the keyboard input on your Apple Watch. This can help reduce the chances of seeing the persistent notifications.
Section 3: Update your device
If the previous steps did not resolve the issue, it's important to ensure that both your Apple Watch and iPhone are running the latest software versions. Outdated software can sometimes cause unexpected glitches and issues. Follow these steps to update your devices:
1. Connect your Apple Watch to Wi-Fi.
2. On your iPhone, go to Settings.
3. Scroll down and tap on General.
4. Select Software Update.
5. If an update is available, tap on "Download and Install."
6. Leave your Apple Watch on its charger during the update process to ensure it has sufficient power.
7. Make sure your iPhone has at least a 50% battery level before installing updates.
8. Additionally, enable automatic updates on your iPhone to avoid missing future updates.
Updating your devices to the latest software version can often fix bugs and improve overall performance. By ensuring that both your Apple Watch and iPhone are up to date, you increase the chances of resolving the persistent keyboard input notification issue.
By following these simple steps, you should be able to fix the persistent keyboard input notification issue on your Apple Watch. Remember to stay patient during the process and ensure that both devices have sufficient battery levels. If you encounter any further issues, don't hesitate to reach out for additional support. Happy typing with your refreshed Apple Watch!