Discord is a popular instant messaging and voice chat app, widely used by gamers and communities around the world. One of the features of Discord is mutual servers, which are servers that you share with other users. While this can be helpful for building a community, there may be times when you want to hide mutual servers from other users. This could be for privacy reasons, or simply to reduce clutter on your profile. In this blog post, we will explore three different methods to hide mutual servers in Discord.
Method 1: Creating a New Category
The first method involves creating a new category in Discord and moving all your mutual servers to that category. This method is simple and effective, and can be done in just a few steps:
1. Open Discord and go to your server list on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Right-click on any server and select "Create Category" from the drop-down menu.
3. Name the category something like "Hidden Servers" or "Private Servers".
4. Drag and drop all your mutual servers into the new category.
5. Right-click on the new category and select "Hide Category" from the drop-down menu.
Now the mutual servers are hidden from view, and only you can access them by clicking on the hidden category.
Method 2: Using Discord Settings
The second method involves using the settings in Discord to hide mutual servers. This method is also simple and can be done in just a few steps:
1. Open Discord and click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
2. Click on the "Appearance" tab in the left-hand menu.
3. Scroll down to the "Advanced" section and toggle on the option that says "Hide Servers You're Not In".
4. Check your profile to make sure the mutual servers are hidden.
Now the mutual servers will be hidden from your profile, and only servers that you are a member of will be visible.
Method 3: Using a Third-Party App
The third method involves using a third-party app for Discord. There are several apps available that can help you hide mutual servers, such as BetterDiscord and Discord+ Theme. These apps offer additional features and customization options, and can be downloaded and installed on your computer or mobile device.
1. Search for and download a third-party app that offers the option to hide mutual servers.
2. Install the app on your device and open Discord.
3. Follow the app's instructions to enable the feature and hide the mutual servers.
Using a third-party app can be a great option if you want more control over the appearance and functionality of Discord.
There are several ways to hide mutual servers in Discord, depending on your preferences and requirements. You can create a new category, use Discord settings, or download a third-party app. Whichever method you choose, make sure to follow the instructions carefully and test your profile to ensure that the mutual servers are hidden from view. With these simple steps, you can enjoy a clutter-free and private Discord experience.